The Law & Courts Building remains closed to the public with limited exceptions while the Courts implement their plans to return to full capacity in light of directives from the Michigan Supreme Court. The majority of Court hearings are being conducted virtually. Full access to the Courts for filings and other communications is available by phone and email. If you have questions about access to the Law & Courts Building related to any business with the Courts, please make contact as follows:
- Circuit Criminal & Family Court File Room, 269-445-4416, x3120, firstname.lastname@example.org
- District Court File Room, 269-445-4424, email@example.com
- Juvenile Court, 269-445-4444, x3233, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friend of the Court, 269-445-4436, email@example.com
- Probate Court, 269-445-4454, x 3282, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judge Dobrich’s office, 269-445-4452, option 1, email@example.com
- Judge Herman’s office, 269-445-4412, option 1, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judge Rentfrow’s office, 269-445-4424, x3212, email@example.com
ADA Coordinator/Language Access Coordinator/Other Court Administration Issues, 269-445-4482, firstname.lastname@example.org
Because of COVID-19, and for the safety and well-being of our employees and court users and as authorized by Michigan Supreme Court's Administrative Order 2020-2, Cass County Courts were be closed to the general public except for essential functions involving health and safety and Constitutional rights pursuant to a Local Administrative Order. Our Courts have implemented Phase 2 of our reopening plans which provides for limited access to the Law & Courts Building for in-person hearings with the majority of hearings conducted virtually and full access to the Courts for filings and other communications via email and telephone.
The Courts have developed an Emergency Operations Plan to outline procedures for emergency proceedings.
Cass County Courts have live YouTube Feeds to provide the public with access to Court hearings.