PROBATE COURT FILINGS & FORMS
The State Court Administrative Office (SCAO) has created forms for specific types of court filings. Those forms are available through the links below.
Please note that there may not be an SCAO form for every type of filing or situation. However, MCR 5.113(A) requires that if there is an approved SCAO form for that particular purpose, it must be used. For situations where such a form does not exist, a legal pleading must be drafted that conforms with the minimum file standards.
MCR 1.109(D) notes the filing standards for pleadings, including information about the form and caption of documents, as well as the verification requirement.
MCR 2.113 offers information regarding the Form, Captioning, Signing, and Verifying of Documents.
MCR 5.113(B) lists the requirements for the contents of a petition.
MCR 8.119(C) allows the clerk to reject documents that do not meet the minimum filing requirements detailed in MCR 1.109.
Please visit the following link to view the Michigan Court Rules (MCR) that are mentioned above. For the rules specific to Probate Court, please see Chapter Five of the Michigan Court Rules (MCR).
PROBATE FORMS SPECIFIC TO CASS COUNTY
- Testimony of Interested Persons
- This form should be used to list all the interested parties in an L.I.I. Guardianship, D.D. Guardianship, or Conservatorship.
- Additional Interested Persons Form
- This form can be used to list additional interested parties that do not fit on the application/petition.
- Attachment to Petition Form – General
- This form can be used to supplement any section of a petition where you need additional space.
- Objection Form
- This form can be used to object to a proceeding in Probate Court. Please note that there is a $20.00 filing fee for an objection.
- Request to Withdraw Petition or Objection
- This form can be used if you wish to withdraw a petition or objection that you have filed with the Cass County Probate Court.
- Criminal History Authorization
- This form is completed by the proposed guardian or conservator. The information obtained by the Court will be used to determine suitability to serve as guardian or conservator.
- Handout Regarding Interested Persons for Accounts and Reports (Conservatorship and Guardianship)
- This form lists who is entitled to receive a copy of an annual account and annual report.